Whilst I’m not on his Christmas card list, Miles Shipside, the Commercial Director at rightmove.co.uk has sent me some data that confirms what we are telling people looking to sell 2 and 3 bedroom houses in Rugby and the surrounding villages.
The largest property portal rightmove.co.uk has released its latest stats about the regional variances and trends in the housing market. Our area, dependent upon where you stand as a “West Midland-er” is the fastest growing apart from the South West (holiday homes) and Scotland (another country)!
This is great news for those people selling a traditional “first time buyers’ ” home. What’s even better is that at Cadman Homes we are selling these properties in a shorter time and for a higher price than many agents.
- It’s reported that almost half of all properties listed for sale are not sold, i.e. legally completed, within 12 months of first coming to the market.
- The average time from sale agreed to contracts exchanged is between 14-16 weeks, (less than 5% of sellers are aware of this and believe it’s much faster).
We are currently selling houses in 9 weeks, and for an average of 98.9% of the asking price! GetAgent tell us that this is the highest in the area they surveyed, and 9 weeks is well below the average locally.
- Average asking price of newly-marketed property jumps by 1.5% (+£4,503) this month as strong demand from home movers in the first two months of the year now feeds through to stronger upwards price pressure:
- First-time and second-stepper (first time sellers) sectors hit all-time price highs of £189,840 and £272,031
- Overall average prices also hit new record in four out of eleven regions
- Price rise exacerbated by:
- Dip in supply with 5% fewer properties coming to market compared to the same period a year ago
Buyers springing into action looking to benefit from possible stamp duty savings or beat forecast interest rate rise!
“We are really proud of being able to say that our conversion rates for selling and percentage of asking price are well above average, and in some cases, the best in the area. We are also proud of the fact that we have a 9.8/10 rating from our clients, and a 100% recommendation rating. Thanks to our great teamwork, unique 360 degree training and “triangular valuation” and house doctor service we are not only getting our clients a great price in a reasonable timescale, we are impressing them with our service levels too. Anyone can “flog” a house, it takes skill and service to delight house-sellers”.
Contact me, or the team if you are looking at selling or renting a property in Rugby or surrounding villages, and want an agent that impresses, not just services their clients.